after playing for a while I thought of giving some first feedback on the Pixeltropia server.
Since I have played Towny/RPG servers before it was kinda easy to get into the server and its mechanics.
All in one I absolutely think that the concept is (so far) very balanced and enjoyable.
However I thought I come up with some aspects and ideas I noticed playing for some time now
I could think of the following addition and/or changes maybe if they are possible and people think what I say actually makes sense!
- adding a command to see what you have sold in the auction house (now you cannot really track the auction house history and only see items sold when you are online)
- adding a job system in addition to the quests to earn money (e.g. job miner: gets money for mining stone blocks, resources or e.g. hunter getting money for killing mobs)
- maybe rethink the 500$ upkeep (cannot really see any sense in this tbh)
- if no job system: maybe think about boosting BP and money earned from mob kills, right now it is not really that attractive
- PvP of towns: the idea that every block is mineable and everything is lootable seems to be very scary. I never saw something similiar before and have to say that I am grateful to at least be able to not participate in town PvP with my own city. I think especially for some residents who don't like to lose everything they grinded or are not able to be online at that day it is very hard so be subjected to something like this. I know it is the decision of the mayor but maybe it is possible to adjust that a little, so that at least the resident plots are safe and you instead have to protect the rest of the city. I personally don't see any sense in building my town and then put it up to be completely griefable lol. Another idea could be to add another world or server where people can build in the wild in addition to the towny server and fight vs. each other (so nothing is secure there). This way it would be a little more resident friendly I guess. Or even use the Outpost function of towny and let the town pvp happen between built fortresses or camps. Then you could do something like a preparation build up phase (like 1 week or so) and eventually one day (maybe weekend) where the battle starts. This could also be rewarded for most genuine traps or stuff. I dont really know right now how you could make it better, these are just some first thought on town pvp so please bare with me if some things dont make too much sense in the beginning. It would be nice so hear some thoughts and feedback from the community!